Located on the traditional, ancestral and unceded lands of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), YVR is made up of a team of diverse people who are working collaboratively to Connect BC proudly to the World. Safety is at the core of everything we do; we’re innovative, fun, and we invest in our people. With high engagement scores, an abundance of learning and development opportunities, and a holistic approach to wellness, we’re looking for someone to join our team.
Vancouver Airport Authority strives for a workplace that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. We support the Employment Equity Act and take measures to ensure fair employment practices and treatment of employees across our organization. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, including women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities. We encourage applicants to self-identify with a designated group(s) to support our team in filling gaps in areas where we can be more diverse. We are also happy to provide reasonable accommodations throughout the selection process and while working at YVR. If you require support applying online because you are a person with a disability, please contact us at 604-303-3152 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have a full-time, acting assignment/term opportunity (to August 30, 2023) for a Terminal Coordinator in the Integration and Readiness Department. Reporting to the Manager, Integration and Readiness, the successful candidate will act as a liaison between project managers and operational teams, ensuring all terminal construction projects are organized and conducted safely with appropriate mitigations in place to allow for business continuity in the terminal and for operational stakeholders.
Key responsibilities include:
- Participating in regular design meetings to ensure design solutions integrate operational needs; determine what design elements require input and review with which relevant operational stakeholders (Security, Customer Care, Scheduling, etc.); assist in coordinating the reviews required and providing feedback to the Project
- Participating in regular construction meetings to ensure planned activities are carried out with minimum impact to regular operations and to determine what activities require review and coordination with relevant operational stakeholders (Security, Customer Care, Scheduling, etc.); coordinating the reviews required and providing feedback to the Project
- Reviewing and advising on phasing, hoarding plans and other mitigation plans and tactics that will impact passenger or life safety systems and other operational systems; consulting with relevant operational stakeholders as required and providing feedback to the Project
- Coordinating communications to the real time operations staff of ongoing and upcoming activities, changes and mitigations for project work; this may include regular status update meetings as well as SharePoint site postings and other communications
- Planning, coordinating and communicating any irregular operations or planned service or system outage required by the project program; this involves engagement with any key stakeholders (internal departments, airlines, tenants, CBSA, USCBP and CATSA, etc.) whose operations will be affected by the activities to coordinate mitigation plans to produce and communicate a consolidated operational plan
- Planning, coordinating and communicating the operational readiness, activation and transition plan to support operationalization of the project program
- Participating in development of new processes and tools to support integration and readiness of the project program
Key qualifications include:
- Five years’ recent, related experience, supplemented by a post-secondary education (completion of a certificate or diploma in Airport Operations or Construction Management (with a focus on planning or stakeholder management) is an asset); or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- A work history that demonstrates a personal commitment to safety and operational excellence
- Strong understanding of airport functions, processes, policies and procedures
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and a demonstrated self-starter
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, particularly the ability to organize information, develop into work plans and communicate
- Proven project management skills; experience in the construction industry is an asset
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people in challenging situations, managing difficult conversations
- Excellent computer skills and proven competency with Microsoft Office 365 programs including SharePoint; proven competency in Microsoft Visio and Project and Adobe Illustrator is an asset
- Highly organized, ability to balance competing priorities
- Valid driver’s license and the ability to obtain Restricted Radiotelephone Operator’s License (Aeronautical) and Occupational First Aid Level 1 certification, should it be required
This position is open to both Vancouver Airport Authority employees and external candidates. Previous job performance will be taken into consideration for all candidates that apply for this position.
Vancouver International Airport is a Living Wage employer. This means all Vancouver Airport Authority workers earn at least a living wage. Living Wage for Families B.C. has determined the hourly rate of pay at which a household can meet its basic expenses. The 2022 living wage rate in Metro Vancouver is $20.52.
Health and safety are at the core of how we operate at YVR. We are committed to ensuring a safe workplace for our workforce and protecting the health and safety of our employees, passengers, partners and community by taking reasonable, preventative measures to reduce the risks associated with COVID-19. On June 20, 2022, the Government of Canada suspended the requirement that employees of federally regulated workplaces be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Candidates are advised that the current suspension of the vaccination mandate may be revoked by the Government of Canada at any time, and that vaccination requirements may be reintroduced in the future.
Meet Some Team Members
If I had to say one thing about working at YVR that really made it a great job, I would say it's the people. I started back in January of 2001 and I was lucky enough to get mentored by some true legends. Now the place is full of them!Steve E.Member since 2001
I love my job because my colleagues care about me as a person and appreciate the value I provide to my teams and the workplace. It’s also exciting for me because YVR is always changing and evolving, so I get front row seats in watching how we are constantly navigating and innovating. Every day is different at YVR and it is a constant adventure.Jenny R.Member since 2015
I’m proud that the work I do contributes to a better experience for travellers at YVR. I maintain and repair YVR’s state-of-the-art baggage systems at Canada’s second busiest airport – it’s a fast-paced environment with the latest technology and equipment. Baggage Maintenance Operations is a team sport and I’m honoured to say that I’m part of this team.Dalbir T.Member since 2007
YVR is more than just an airport. We are leaders and trailblazers for change and innovation, at the forefront doing the right thing and doing it well. We have been voted the Best Airport in North America for 12 consecutive years – an honour that’s attributed to the ongoing contributions from the best teams and partners. Join us at YVR to see what this means for you.
YVR continually invests in our people to offer what you and your loved ones need so you can just thrive at work and in your community.
You have no saved jobs