Manager, Security Compliance
YVR is a place of connection, bringing together people, places and cargo while ensuring a safe and efficient experience for everyone. Airport Operations drives the success of airports by providing a safe, predictable and enjoyable experience for those who travel, as well as for those who are part of the broad team that works to make YVR a success. At YVR, our purpose is to serve the community and the economy that supports it, and that service is rooted in safety.
As the Manager, Security Compliance, you are a positive self-starter with a mindset rooted in security and safety culture and efficiency. You appreciate and respect the variety of competing interests and perspectives in a complex environment and thrive on bringing people together to manage through challenges. You are a champion of safety and security collaboration with all levels in all organizations within YVR’s operating environment.
Key responsibilities include:
- Leading, mentoring, and developing a team of operations and security professionals to build and enhance a culture of security, which includes doing Operational and Security Audits to ensure best and leading practices are developed and implemented.
- Direct planning, development, implementation, and execution of YVR’s Security Management System as well as developing, implementing, and proactively promoting various security programs to ensure safety, security, and compliance.
- Initiating, maintaining, and leveraging federal government relationships to keep initiatives moving towards the desired end state, which includes collaborating with Security Partners and Agencies and participates in joint government/industry working groups.
- Developing and embedding an integrated security approach across all operational parts of the business no matter the company you work for.
- Creating and ensuring document management practices are in place in the areas of policy development, procedures & systems implementation, and contingency management.
- Providing support and direction to cross departmental security and safety teams – this includes monitoring work efforts and performance, selecting, coaching, motivating, and supporting developmental activities, conducting formal evaluations, and applying appropriate discipline.
Key qualifications include:
- Completion of a post-secondary program (university undergraduate degree, college, or technical school) or equivalent related experience in areas of operations and/or industrial safety.
- At least ten years' experience in related industry or field.
- Minimum of three years’ leadership experience in a complex working environment (e.g., industrial, manufacturing or aviation).
- Ability to obtain Secret Level Federal security clearance.
- Proven ability to act with integrity and maintain confidentiality as well as proven ability to conduct risk assessments and investigations.
- Proven ability to drive change in adverse conditions, with demonstrated skills in conflict resolution, communication and change management.
This role will require presence on site at the airport and candidates must be able to occasionally work irregular hours as the role or season dictates.
This position is open to both Vancouver Airport Authority employees and external applicants. Previous job performance will be taken into consideration for all internal candidates that apply for this position. As part of our recruitment process, short-listed candidates may be required to participate in an assessment process.
Salary Range : $100,640 to $144,670 per annum, based on 37.5-hour work week. This is individually tailored to reflect your unique experience, qualifications and internal equity.
Performance-Based Incentive: Eligible for an annual bonus target at 15% of your annual salary.
At YVR, your work experience goes beyond the paycheck. We support your personal and professional development, well-being, and a thriving work culture with generous vacation days, extensive health benefits, retirement savings matching, wellness programs, community engagement, commuting support, and continuous learning opportunities. Learn more at https://careers.yvr.ca/benefits.
Please note that availability may vary based on employment type and is subject to certain eligibility requirements and potential changes by YVR.Who We Are
YVR is more than just an airport. We connect our beautiful province and all it has to offer to the world. We are all leaders and trailblazers for change and innovation, so no matter the department or team you’re a part of, the work you do matters.
At YVR, we are flexible in everything we do. We will work together to find ways to deliver customer excellence that helps us all thrive.
Whatever your background and wherever you’re from, you belong at YVR. If you have any questions about accessibility or require any assistance applying, please reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meet Some Team Members
I love working at YVR primarily because of the people. YVR is constantly changing and striving for excellence. Everyone matters and it is so cool to work with this diverse group who really want to make a difference in how we support our customers and our community.Jocelyn D.Member since 2022
I love my job because my colleagues care about me as a person and appreciate the value I provide to my teams and the workplace. It’s also exciting for me because YVR is always changing and evolving, so I get front row seats in watching how we are constantly navigating and innovating. Every day is different at YVR and it is a constant adventure.Jenny R.Member since 2015
I’m proud that the work I do contributes to a better experience for travellers at YVR. I maintain and repair YVR’s state-of-the-art baggage systems at Canada’s second busiest airport – it’s a fast-paced environment with the latest technology and equipment. Baggage Maintenance Operations is a team sport and I’m honoured to say that I’m part of this team.Dalbir T.Member since 2007
YVR is more than just an airport. We are leaders and trailblazers for change and innovation, at the forefront doing the right thing and doing it well. We have been voted the Best Airport in North America for 12 consecutive years – an honour that’s attributed to the ongoing contributions from the best teams and partners. Join us at YVR to see what this means for you.
YVR continually invests in our people to offer what you and your loved ones need so you can just thrive at work and in your community.
You have no saved jobs