Intermediate or Senior Project Engineer
One of YVR’s major goals is to have net zero emissions by 2030. This ambitious goal creates many opportunities for us to work with our partners and the airport community on projects to achieve this target. The Engineering Projects Department is an integral part of YVR, we support the construction and development projects on Sea Island. The Engineering Department works with internal and external to achieve the goals of YVR Executive Team and leadership.
Are you passionate about civil engineering? Do you have knowledge of the construction industry practices and standards? Are you interested in building your career in the aviation industry?
We have permanent, full-time opportunities for Intermediate or Senior Project Engineers in the Engineering Projects Department. Reporting to the Manager, Airside Engineering Projects, the successful candidate will be responsible for the implementation and management of a diverse array of construction projects of varying complexity, with a focus on airfield pavements, roads, utilities, and industrial facilities.
Key responsibilities include:
- Managing assigned capital projects including developing project requirements, project scope, budget and schedule
- Preparing and delivering on project implementation plans in collaboration with Airport Operations and Maintenance, while acting as a leader in the areas of construction safety and environmental stewardship
- Assisting in the preparation and evaluation of Request for Proposal and Tender documents, including scope of work definition, technical requirements and schedule constraints
- Managing design teams to meet desired project outcomes while adhering to scope, schedule and budget
- Maintaining and managing project budgets including forecasting costs and risk management
- Liaising with internal Airport Authority departments and external stakeholders throughout the projects, such as managing construction contracts, work progress, change orders, payments and disputes
Key qualifications include:
- Minimum of five years’ (for Intermediate Project Engineer) or ten years’ (for Senior Project Engineer) experience managing construction projects in the design, construction or consulting industry; supplemented by a post-secondary degree in civil, mechanical or electrical engineering
- Registered or eligible to register as a Professional Engineer with the Engineers and Geoscientists British Columbia (EGBC); completion of the Law and Ethics seminar is required
- Knowledge of construction industry practices and standards; knowledge of airport operations is an asset
- Strong project management, organization and documentation abilities
- Proficiency using Microsoft office programs, including Word, Excel, Outlook and MS Project
- Effective interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
This position is open to both Vancouver Airport Authority employees and external applicants. Previous job performance will be taken into consideration for all internal candidates that apply for this position.
Salary Range : $91,587 to $127,555 per annum, based on 37.5-hour work week. This is individually tailored to reflect your unique experience, qualifications and internal equity.
At YVR, your work experience goes beyond the paycheck. We support your personal and professional development, well-being, and a thriving work culture with generous vacation days, extensive health benefits, retirement savings matching, wellness programs, community engagement, commuting support, and continuous learning opportunities. Learn more at https://careers.yvr.ca/benefits.
Please note that availability may vary based on employment type and is subject to certain eligibility requirements and potential changes by YVR.Who We Are
YVR is more than just an airport. We connect our beautiful province and all it has to offer to the world. We are all leaders and trailblazers for change and innovation, so no matter the department or team you’re a part of, the work you do matters.
At YVR, we are flexible in everything we do. We will work together to find ways to deliver customer excellence that helps us all thrive.
Whatever your background and wherever you’re from, you belong at YVR. If you have any questions about accessibility or require any assistance applying, please reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meet Some Team Members
I love working at YVR primarily because of the people. YVR is constantly changing and striving for excellence. Everyone matters and it is so cool to work with this diverse group who really want to make a difference in how we support our customers and our community.Jocelyn D.Member since 2022
I love my job because my colleagues care about me as a person and appreciate the value I provide to my teams and the workplace. It’s also exciting for me because YVR is always changing and evolving, so I get front row seats in watching how we are constantly navigating and innovating. Every day is different at YVR and it is a constant adventure.Jenny R.Member since 2015
I’m proud that the work I do contributes to a better experience for travellers at YVR. I maintain and repair YVR’s state-of-the-art baggage systems at Canada’s second busiest airport – it’s a fast-paced environment with the latest technology and equipment. Baggage Maintenance Operations is a team sport and I’m honoured to say that I’m part of this team.Dalbir T.Member since 2007
YVR is more than just an airport. We are leaders and trailblazers for change and innovation, at the forefront doing the right thing and doing it well. We have been voted the Best Airport in North America for 12 consecutive years – an honour that’s attributed to the ongoing contributions from the best teams and partners. Join us at YVR to see what this means for you.
YVR continually invests in our people to offer what you and your loved ones need so you can just thrive at work and in your community.
You have no saved jobs