Guest Experience Zone Lead
As a Guest Experience Representative, you are welcoming travellers from around the world to our beautiful province, while representing YVR at every step of their travel journey. You are creating a memorable experience for everyone who steps through the doors at YVR by supporting and engaging with them to ensure they have what they need for a seamless and remarkable travel experience. Bring your positive energy and helpful spirits to YVR today and contribute to a warm and welcoming place where people come to make a connection.
- Full Time and Part Time
- Level: Mid (2-5 years of experience)
- Travel: Minimal (if any)
What makes a successful Guest Experience Representative?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
World Class Benefits
It’s an exciting time to be a part of the YVR team. As the industry evolves, our talented people, outstanding facilities and prudent financial planning ensure our leadership position.
Medical, dental and extended health benefits
Short-term sickness, accident insurance, long-term disability and life insurance
Emergency travel assistance
Comprehensive wellness program
An RRSP-matching program
YVR is a place of connection, bringing together people, places and cargo while ensuring a safe and efficient experience for everyone. The Guest Experience team plays an integral part in delivering an outstanding airport experience, while also ensuring key areas of our airport’s operation are supported. We believe that people travelling at YVR are our guests, not customers or passengers, because we know YVR is a place of welcome and connection. Our Guest Experience team’s purpose is simple: to do our very best for every person we meet.
Are you passionate for service and helping others? Are you a proactive problem-solver who loves working with people? Do you believe we can elevate a traveller’s experience at YVR by going above and beyond their expectations? Do you enjoy a dynamic work environment where no two days are the same? Are you keen to take a leadership role to provide a smooth and efficient passenger process at YVR?
As a Guest Experience Zone Lead, you will provide daily leadership to deliver an outstanding guest experience in key operational locations at YVR. You will take initiative and seek to find opportunities to elevate the guest experience, while also delivering operational zone plans, reviewing real-time data to best anticipate operational needs.
These positions are all shift based with assigned daily schedules that range from 6 hours to 10.75 hours with the opportunity to pick up additional shifts. Shift start times are dependent on operational need and include evenings and weekends. The ideal candidate is flexible and available for the shift schedule they are assigned, with a significant amount of time spent standing and walking in this role.
Key responsibilities include:
- Proactively support and assist guests to deliver a remarkable guest experience
- Lead and dispatch zone teams to support key operational areas, processes and guest experience
- Delivering Zone Plans to anticipate and meet passenger demand and mitigate risks
- Providing business support to all terminal areas, as required
- Liaising and collaborating with Guest Experience Supervisors, Airport Operations, airlines, tenants and agency partners to anticipate operational demands and deliver a seamless travel experience
- Provide leadership and support for Guest Experience Representatives positioned in operational zones
Key qualifications include:
- Exceptional customer service and problem-solving skills supplemented by the completion of at least one year of post-secondary education; or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Ability to lead a team
- Proven ability to resolve conflicts in emergency and high stress environments, while handling customer concerns in a positive and empathetic manner
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to utilize data to make key decisions
- Good knowledge of airport operations processes and key stakeholders
- Strong technological skills including using Microsoft Suite (Teams, Outlook, SharePoint)
- Fluency in another language, preferably French, is considered a strong asset
This position is open to both Vancouver Airport Authority employees and external applicants. Previous job performance will be taken into consideration for all internal candidates that apply for this position.
Who We Are
YVR is more than just an airport. We connect our beautiful province and all it has to offer to the world. We are all leaders and trailblazers for change and innovation, so no matter the department or team you’re a part of, the work you do matters.
At YVR, we are flexible in everything we do. We will work together to find ways to deliver customer excellence that helps us all thrive. We strive to provide an environment that reflects the diversity of our communities, allowing us to better serve them.
Whatever your background and wherever you’re from, you belong at YVR. We want to make sure you truly belong and help you reach your full potential. If you have any questions about accessibility or require any assistance applying, please reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join us on this journey as we continue to transform our airport to better serve our communities.
Whatever your background and wherever you’re from, you belong at YVR. Being open and transparent is important to us, so your unique ideas and experiences are always welcome – it’s what will help us better serve our diverse community.
YVR continually invests in our people to offer what you and your loved ones need so you can just thrive at work and in your community.
Every day at YVR looks a little different – our industry is ever-changing, making our work always interesting, yet fun and fulfilling. That’s why we’ve created a flexible workplace to help you do your best work in this dynamic environment.
You have no saved jobs