Environmental Analyst – Noise Management
At YVR, we are boldly pursuing a greener and more resilient future and have committed to eliminating emissions from our operations, becoming net-zero by 2030. We are driven by our purpose to serve our community and the economy that supports it. The Airport Authority's commitment to neighbouring communities includes managing airport noise from aircraft and airport operations to balance the need for safe, convenient 24-hour air travel with enjoyable urban living. We are looking for someone with the unique blend of technical and soft skills to help us meet these challenges, as well as passion to bring projects of varying complexities to life.
Reporting to the Manager, Climate and Environment, and working with the Supervisor, Noise Abatement and Air Quality, the successful candidate is someone who understands the technical elements of aircraft and airport operations as well as having the relationships skills to work with a broad set of stakeholders in order to develop and implement strategies to manage aircraft noise exposure and further advance the performance of the YVR Aeronautical Noise Management Program.
- Maintain and ensure accuracy of data collected by the Aircraft Noise & Operations Monitoring System, and assist with maintenance and troubleshooting of the system
- Monitor and report on compliance with Canadian Aviation Regulations, airport procedures and directives
- Investigate and provide information on airport noise programs and issues in response to citizen concerns and complaints in an efficient and professional manner
- Liaise with airport customers, air traffic control, public/government agencies, working committees and local community groups, as well as attend community meetings to assist in or make presentations regarding noise management activities
- Prepare comprehensive studies, visual materials, reports and presentations required to explain and quantify aircraft and airport noise and operational activities for both the public and internal management and to support the advancement of initiatives in the airport’s Noise Management Plan
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Science, Environmental Science, or related degree coupled with demonstrated commensurate technical experience
- Proven experience with customers and dealing with the public
- Knowledge of aircraft and airport operations, noise control measures and familiarity with airport noise studies, including data collection and assessment metrics
- Advanced analytical and computer skills, including the use of word processing, spreadsheets, and databases for Windows
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated facilitation and project management experience
Who We Are
YVR is more than just an airport. We connect our beautiful province and all it has to offer to the world. We are all leaders and trailblazers for change and innovation, so no matter the department or team you’re a part of, the work you do matters.
At YVR, we are flexible in everything we do. We will work together to find ways to deliver customer excellence that helps us all thrive. We strive to provide an environment that reflects the diversity of our communities, allowing us to better serve them.
Whatever your background and wherever you’re from, you belong at YVR. We want to make sure you truly belong and help you reach your full potential. If you have any questions about accessibility or require any assistance applying, please reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join us on this journey as we continue to transform our airport to better serve our communities.
Meet Some Team Members
If I had to say one thing about working at YVR that really made it a great job, I would say it's the people. I started back in January of 2001 and I was lucky enough to get mentored by some true legends. Now the place is full of them!Steve E.Member since 2001
I love my job because my colleagues care about me as a person and appreciate the value I provide to my teams and the workplace. It’s also exciting for me because YVR is always changing and evolving, so I get front row seats in watching how we are constantly navigating and innovating. Every day is different at YVR and it is a constant adventure.Jenny R.Member since 2015
I’m proud that the work I do contributes to a better experience for travellers at YVR. I maintain and repair YVR’s state-of-the-art baggage systems at Canada’s second busiest airport – it’s a fast-paced environment with the latest technology and equipment. Baggage Maintenance Operations is a team sport and I’m honoured to say that I’m part of this team.Dalbir T.Member since 2007
YVR is more than just an airport. We are leaders and trailblazers for change and innovation, at the forefront doing the right thing and doing it well. We have been voted the Best Airport in North America for 12 consecutive years – an honour that’s attributed to the ongoing contributions from the best teams and partners. Join us at YVR to see what this means for you.
YVR continually invests in our people to offer what you and your loved ones need so you can just thrive at work and in your community.
You have no saved jobs