Electrical CAD Specialist
Located on the traditional, ancestral and unceded lands of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), YVR is made up of a team of diverse people who are working collaboratively to Connect BC proudly to the World. Safety is at the core of everything we do; we’re innovative, fun, and we invest in our people. With high engagement scores, an abundance of learning and development opportunities, and a holistic approach to wellness, we’re looking for someone to join our team.
Vancouver Airport Authority strives for a workplace that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. We support the Employment Equity Act and take measures to ensure fair employment practices and treatment of employees across our organization. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, including women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities. We encourage applicants to self-identify with a designated group(s) to support our team in filling gaps in areas where we can be more diverse. We are also happy to provide reasonable accommodations throughout the selection process and while working at YVR. If you require support applying online because you are a person with a disability, please contact us at 604-303-3152 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have a permanent, full-time opportunity for an Electrical CAD Specialist in the Engineering Services department. Reporting to the Manager, Engineering Services, the successful candidate will maintain records on the electrical systems at YVR. Their primary focus will be on the Single Line Diagram (SLD); they will also provide support for the rest of the CAD team, as needed.
Key responsibilities include:
- Maintaining the SLD – both the planning and in-service versions
- Reviewing, updating and maintaining quality control on electrical base files and GIS data
- Supporting the CAD and GIS teams with CAD work including drawings, mapping, etc., as required
- Researching project information for past projects – as requested by the Maintenance department, project engineers or consultants – finding the appropriate details, packaging the information up and ensuring it’s complete
- Actively developing and updating the YVR Technical Standards on Electrical Systems and on CAD requirements
Key qualifications include:
- 5 years’ recent, related experience, supplemented by the completion of a technical certificate or diploma as an Electrical Technologist or a related field; or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Experience designing electrical systems for commercial, institutional or industrial facilities
- CAD certificate (or other demonstration of CAD proficiency – both AutoCAD and Microstation)
- Demonstrated experience reading, maintaining and updating SLDs
- Solid understanding of electrical safety concepts and practices for high voltage equipment
- Attention to detail and willingness to take initiative
- Ability to take innovative approaches to solve problems
- Understanding of land surveying concepts and methods
- Familiarity with ArcGIS or Revit is an asset
This position is open to both Vancouver Airport Authority employees and external candidates. Previous job performance will be taken into consideration for all internal candidates that apply for this position.
Health and safety are at the core of how we operate at YVR. We are committed to ensuring a safe workplace for our workforce and protecting the health and safety of our employees, passengers, partners and community by taking reasonable, preventative measures to reduce the risks associated with COVID-19. All employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless a valid exemption is granted for those unable to be vaccinated.
Meet Some Team Members
If I had to say one thing about working at YVR that really made it a great job, I would say it's the people. I started back in January of 2001 and I was lucky enough to get mentored by some true legends. Now the place is full of them!Steve E.Member since 2001
I love my job because my colleagues care about me as a person and appreciate the value I provide to my teams and the workplace. It’s also exciting for me because YVR is always changing and evolving, so I get front row seats in watching how we are constantly navigating and innovating. Every day is different at YVR and it is a constant adventure.Jenny R.Member since 2015
I’m proud that the work I do contributes to a better experience for travellers at YVR. I maintain and repair YVR’s state-of-the-art baggage systems at Canada’s second busiest airport – it’s a fast-paced environment with the latest technology and equipment. Baggage Maintenance Operations is a team sport and I’m honoured to say that I’m part of this team.Dalbir T.Member since 2007
YVR is more than just an airport. We are leaders and trailblazers for change and innovation, at the forefront doing the right thing and doing it well. We have been voted the Best Airport in North America for 12 consecutive years – an honour that’s attributed to the ongoing contributions from the best teams and partners. Join us at YVR to see what this means for you.
YVR continually invests in our people to offer what you and your loved ones need so you can just thrive at work and in your community.
You have no saved jobs