Director, Internal Audit
The aviation industry is ever-changing – it is what makes our work exciting yet fulfilling. The Director, Internal Audit is an integral part to setting the overall strategic direction of the department, developing the annual risk-based Internal Audit Plan, while maintaining high-quality risk management, control and governance processes.
The Director, Internal Audit has a dual reporting relationship – one to the Finance and Audit Committee (FAC) of the Board and the second to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO). The relationship with the FAC supports the strategic direction, independence and accountability, and the relationship with the CFO supports with establishing direction, risk management and administrative interface.
The Director, Internal Audit is responsible for setting the overall strategic direction of the department, developing the annual risk-based Internal Audit Plan, while helping the organization accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance practices. This position consults with the Board, the Executive Team internal stakeholders, and external stakeholders in order to ensure timely delivery of internal audit projects and driving operational effectiveness and awareness on matters related to IA best practices and industry standards.
Key responsibilities include:
- Create and develop the annual strategy and risk-based Internal Audit Plan across all facets of the organization
- Own and drive the execution of Internal Audit projects and ensure timely delivery and smooth implementation of new processes at the Airport
- Report and deliver audit findings to the Executive Team, the Board, and the Financial & Audit Committee (FAC)
- Act as subject matter expert on all risk management, control and governance processes and matters, and play an active role in internal controls and audit processes across the organization
- Lead and coach the Internal Audit department and team
Key qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Commerce, or other related fields
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation
- Over 10 years of recent and progressive experience in Internal Audit, Financial, Operations and Systems Audit, with a strong focus on Risk Management
- Experience with large, complex, multidivisional environments and structures; experience in cybersecurity, data management, and analytics; and experience within an airport environment are considered an asset
- Possession of a Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) and Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) designations are considered an asset
This position is open to both Vancouver Airport Authority employees and external applicants. Previous job performance will be taken into consideration for all internal candidates that apply for this position.
As part of our recruitment process, short-listed candidates may be required to participate in an assessment process.
Who We Are
YVR is more than just an airport. We connect our beautiful province and all it has to offer to the world. We are all leaders and trailblazers for change and innovation, so no matter the department or team you’re a part of, the work you do matters.
At YVR, we are flexible in everything we do. We will work together to find ways to deliver customer excellence that helps us all thrive. We strive to provide an environment that reflects the diversity of our communities, allowing us to better serve them.
Whatever your background and wherever you’re from, you belong at YVR. We want to make sure you truly belong and help you reach your full potential. If you have any questions about accessibility or require any assistance applying, please reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join us on this journey as we continue to transform our airport to better serve our communities.
Meet Some Team Members
I love working at YVR primarily because of the people. YVR is constantly changing and striving for excellence. Everyone matters and it is so cool to work with this diverse group who really want to make a difference in how we support our customers and our community.Jocelyn D.Member since 2022
I love my job because my colleagues care about me as a person and appreciate the value I provide to my teams and the workplace. It’s also exciting for me because YVR is always changing and evolving, so I get front row seats in watching how we are constantly navigating and innovating. Every day is different at YVR and it is a constant adventure.Jenny R.Member since 2015
I’m proud that the work I do contributes to a better experience for travellers at YVR. I maintain and repair YVR’s state-of-the-art baggage systems at Canada’s second busiest airport – it’s a fast-paced environment with the latest technology and equipment. Baggage Maintenance Operations is a team sport and I’m honoured to say that I’m part of this team.Dalbir T.Member since 2007
YVR is more than just an airport. We are leaders and trailblazers for change and innovation, at the forefront doing the right thing and doing it well. We have been voted the Best Airport in North America for 12 consecutive years – an honour that’s attributed to the ongoing contributions from the best teams and partners. Join us at YVR to see what this means for you.
YVR continually invests in our people to offer what you and your loved ones need so you can just thrive at work and in your community.
You have no saved jobs