Culture and Engagement Specialist
YVR is a place of connection, bringing together people, places and cargo while ensuring a safe and efficient experience for everyone. Within our organization, our Culture team plays a crucial role in fostering a diverse and connected team, embracing flexibility, adaptability, and inclusivity. We lead the initiatives that cultivate purpose and belonging, empowering our employees to make a positive impact in our community.
Are you a skilled professional looking to make a positive impact on employee relationships and the larger community? As the Culture & Engagement Specialist, reporting to the Manager, Culture, you will develop and implement strategies to foster positive relationships between YVR and its employees. You will create engagement plans that promote a culture of collaboration, innovation, and a growth mindset while supporting YVR's Living Wage program. Join us in building a strong sense of community and connection, attracting and developing a highly engaged and resilient workforce.
Key responsibilities include:
- Coordinate YVR's Living Wage Program by supporting its administration, communication, and engagement efforts, emphasizing the importance of fair compensation and promoting this cultural initiative both internally and externally
- Create and manage effective employee communication channels, with a specialized focus on our intranet, to facilitate transparent and timely information sharing, enhancing employee engagement and fostering a sense of connection
- Collaborate with stakeholders to develop and implement initiatives that support employee growth mindset and professional development, contributing to a culture of continuous learning and advancement at YVR
- Continuously assess and improve engagement strategies, aligning them with the evolving needs and expectations of YVR employees, and working closely with the Manager of Culture and other key stakeholders to ensure their successful implementation
Key qualifications include:
- Completion of a two year program in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Online Education, or related discipline
- Minimum 4 years of relevant experience including implementing engagement strategies and initiatives, creating compelling communications for diverse audiences; and web content management at the intermediate level
- Demonstrated abilities as a relationship builder and can adapt your communication and intrapersonal skills to the target audience
- Demonstrated understanding of the complexity of issues relating to the impacts of low wage work on individuals and families and awareness of equity, diversity and inclusivity principles.
- Knowledge of engagement best practices and trends, as well as proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite applications, video production, and photography is desirable
This position is open to both Vancouver Airport Authority employees and external applicants. Previous job performance will be taken into consideration for all internal candidates that apply for this position.
Who We Are
YVR is more than just an airport. We connect our beautiful province and all it has to offer to the world. We are all leaders and trailblazers for change and innovation, so no matter the department or team you’re a part of, the work you do matters.
At YVR, we are flexible in everything we do. We will work together to find ways to deliver customer excellence that helps us all thrive. We strive to provide an environment that reflects the diversity of our communities, allowing us to better serve them.
Whatever your background and wherever you’re from, you belong at YVR. We want to make sure you truly belong and help you reach your full potential. If you have any questions about accessibility or require any assistance applying, please reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join us on this journey as we continue to transform our airport to better serve our communities.
Meet Some Team Members
Working at YVR is full of excitement! There are so many different business sectors, each has its unique career development opportunities. It’s a great place to grow your career and there is not one dull moment!Scholastica L.Member since 2017
I love my job because my colleagues care about me as a person and appreciate the value I provide to my teams and the workplace. It’s also exciting for me because YVR is always changing and evolving, so I get front row seats in watching how we are constantly navigating and innovating. Every day is different at YVR and it is a constant adventure.Jenny R.Member since 2015
I’m proud that the work I do contributes to a better experience for travellers at YVR. I maintain and repair YVR’s state-of-the-art baggage systems at Canada’s second busiest airport – it’s a fast-paced environment with the latest technology and equipment. Baggage Maintenance Operations is a team sport and I’m honoured to say that I’m part of this team.Dalbir T.Member since 2007
YVR is more than just an airport. We are leaders and trailblazers for change and innovation, at the forefront doing the right thing and doing it well. We have been voted the Best Airport in North America for 12 consecutive years – an honour that’s attributed to the ongoing contributions from the best teams and partners. Join us at YVR to see what this means for you.
YVR continually invests in our people to offer what you and your loved ones need so you can just thrive at work and in your community.
You have no saved jobs